Birmingham Green Doors are providing a unique opportunity to see a whole-house green makeover in progress in Lichfield on Saturday 24 February and Monday 26 February.
Birmingham Green Doors are providing a unique opportunity to see a whole-house green makeover in progress in Lichfield on Saturday 24 February, between 11:00-12:30 and 13:00-14:30, and on Monday 26 February between 12:00-14:00.
The homeowner, Phillipa, is having significant energy saving measures fitted to her 1960s-era house, which is only a 10-minute walk from Lichfield City train station.
This event is a great opportunity for those interested in energy saving in their own home, those whose who involves advising others about how to sve energy, and even students who are studying energy efficient buildings.
To book, or find out more, please visit the Birmingham Green Doors website.
Attendees will learn from Philippa’s experience about how to implement energy efficient measures such as insulation, heating systems, and solar panels with batteries, as well as which measures give the greatest return on carbon savings.
She is part-way through the refurbishment, which means you will have the rare opportunity to see:
- how to achieve continuous insulation for maximum improvement in thermal performance
- under-floor heating going in
- how to insulate a loft hatch with a loft ladder present
- how to use recycled steel in a refurbishment to reduce the overall emissions of the project
- the importance of insulating pipework that distributes hot water to radiators and how to do it
The address will be provided to you once your booking has been accepted.